Monday 10 August 2015

A second postcard from Nifty Rabbit ;)

Bird of Paradise flower
17 Apr 2015 | From 'Nifty Rabbit' of Singapore
OFFICIAL POSTCROSSING

As soon as I received this official Postcrossing postcard, I immediately tried to register it. To my surprise, the postcard registration failed - and I tried a couple more times again. Same results: You've already registered this postcard! I checked my recieved postcards wall, and indeed I saw a postcard from Singapore with the same postcard ID. Initially I thought that the sender might have written the wrong postcard code. But as I went through my received postcards, I've realized that the handwriting in the registered postcard and this one is the same. 'Nifty Rabbit' sent me another card (and I received it a week after the firts one). He did not sign the second one though - and I still don't know his name.

About the postcard, it shows an illutration of the plant 'Bird of Paradise'. It is named so because of the resemblance of its flowers to birds-of-paradise. Bird of paradise is a popular houseplant, or garden addition in warmer climates, producing beautiful flowers reminiscent of flying birds.

The artwork is also from the heART's 5th Anniversary Exhibition with the theme "Journey. Arts". It is titled 'Life is beautiful but..'. The artist added that 'The distinctivenes and vibrancy of this Bird of Paradise flower symbolizes joy, freedom, and hope during my recovery to good health. Life is beautiful but it is never perfect. Just learn to accept and go around them.'

No comments:

Post a Comment