Friday 24 July 2015

Russia's Tiger

The Siberian Tiger
10 Apr 2015 | From Ekaterina of Russia
POSTCROSSING SWAP

This is just my fourth tiger postcard, and with a matching tiger stamp. Ekaterina, or simply Kate, asked me for a postcard swap as haven't received one yet from the Philippines. I sent her a Philippine Eagle postcard. I wonder though if she did receive my postcard. We lost contact after sending the respective postcards. I'm not even certain if I was able to message her when I received her postcard. I might have erased her Postcrossing message that I can no longer find her profile.

The Siberian tiger, also known as the Amur tiger, are the world's largest cats. They live primarily in eastern Russia's birch forests, though some exist in China and North Korea. There are an estimated 400 to 500 Siberian Tigers living in the wild. The population had been stable for more than a decade due to intensive conservation efforts. By 2015, the Siberian tiger population has increased to 480–540 individuals in the Russian Far East, including 100 cubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment