Sunday 7 June 2015

Black and White Abstraction

Understanding Abstraction
18 Mar 2015 | From Lyudmila of Russia
OFFICIAL POSTCROSSING

I'm not really good with abstract art. Most of the times I couldn't figure them out. If I were to be given an abstract painting, I may not have the slightest idea on how I should hang it. The same goes with this postcard. I was flipping it upside-down, left and right just trying to figure out the proper way to look at it. I was squinting my eyes to check if I could see it clearer or if words or letters mught come up.

But up to this point I still couldn't figure this one out. Lyudmila uploaded the postcard in this manner so I'm assuming this may be the proper position. Abstract art doesn't contain recognizeable objects, so there is nothing to grasp or hold onto. This can be very confusing. It is the kind of art that makes some people scratch their heads and think.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything about the artwork shown in the postcard as all words are written in Russian. Lyudmila also wrote her message in complete Russian. I am still having a hard time translating handwritten Russian message.

No comments:

Post a Comment