Wednesday 27 May 2015

A Maria Prosphora photograph

Experiments in Art School. Exploring Yekaterinburg
10 Mar 2015 | From Marya of Russia
OFFICIAL POSTCROSSING

I was browsing through some of Maria Prosphora's photographs, and I can't help but be fascinated by their dark, moody, and sometimes somewhat creepy nature. I love the contrasts between stillness and dynamics of the photographs.

This particular photograph may have been taken in Yekaterinburg. I tried translating the Russian words at the back of the postcard, but that is just as far as I can get. Yekaterinburg is the third-largest city in Russia and the administrative center of Sverdlovsk Oblast, located in the middle of the Eurasian continent, on the border of Europe and Asia. It is also the main industrial and cultural center of the Ural Federal District (one of the nine federal districts of Russia).

No comments:

Post a Comment