Thursday 22 January 2015

A rabbit hunt

A different sight of Hong Kong
7 Nov 2014 | From Gladys of Hong Kong
OFFICIAL POSTCROSSING

The postcard shows children helping catch rabbits in the Earthen Building. It also shows a rare insight of Hong Kong as we used to seeing Hong Kong as a concrete urban jungle with tall buildings and skyscrapers, modern architectures, neon lights, city noises, busy establishments, and crowded streets.

I've also experienced a much calmer and quiet Hong Hong during a day trip at Tai O Village. I spent a week in HK last June 2014, and I found myself spending one of those days exploring the streets of Tai O after I met the Big Buddha at Lantau Island. Tai O is a fishing town, partly located on an island of the same name, on the western side of Lantau Island in Hong Kong. Life is indeed simpler there, but it is quickly becoming a hot tourist spot for both foreigners and residents of other parts of Hong Kong.

Looking back at the postcard, I can't help but wonder what are they doing with the rabbits. There are some hopping around; there's even one inside a basket. I wonder if they are kept are pets, or to be sold, or heaven forbid, to be cooked and eaten :| Rabbits are eaten in some cultures - despite them being so cute and fluffy :p

No comments:

Post a Comment