Sunday 30 November 2014

What's in the stars

Today's horoscope
22 Oct 2014 | From Debra of USA
OFFICIAL POSTCROSSING

I sometimes read horoscopes just for the fun of it - if I have a newspaper at hand (which is only every Sunday or when I visit the bank) or if I've got no important e-mails that I decide to check my daily online horoscope (courtesy of Yahoo). I would try to connect them with the haps and nows of my daily life.

Sometimes they sound too general that everyone could relate to it. And sometimes it is me who tries to find the connection of it with my life - in a harmless, playful way. I must be really bored or without a thing to do to contemplate about it that far. But of course I not to take them seriously or trust them entirely. 

Today my horoscope says:

Your health is making life a lot more interesting today — which may not be a good thing! There is a silver lining even if you’ve got a cold or a bad back; you should start to see it really soon.

I don't feel particularly bad or ill today. Would I catch a cold? I have dextroscoliosis (not severe though). Should I worry about it? Does that make my life more interesting? Hahaha

Some people who follow their horoscopes claim that it's all just good fun. While others say astrology is potentially damaging to our understanding of science, relationships. Astrology offers a number of things which many people find very desirable: information and assurance about the future, a way to be absolved of their current situation and future decisions, and a way to feel connected to the entire cosmos. But studies show that, people who follow their stars are more likely to abandon their commitments and be self-indulgent if they're predicted to have a bad day. It is because believers are convinced they cannot change their fate so get tempted to drop their plans, while people who don't set any store by their stars carry on as normal.

Sources: io9, Daily Mail UK

No comments:

Post a Comment