Sunday 23 November 2014

Beautiful people

I Am the Messenger. Markus Zusak
10 Oct 2014 | From Sue of Guernsey
SURPRISE POSTCARD

Here's another surprise postcard from Sue - the first was a postcard from Ireland. Sue and I swapped some postcards before. And she have sent me some lovely surprises from then on. This postcard is maybe from a collection of cards showing quotes - just like one of the first postcards she sent me.

A friend told me that this line is maybe from the book 'I am the Messenger' by Markus Zusak. The actual lone from the book goes like this:

“Sometimes people are beautiful.
Not in looks.
Not in what they say.
Just in what they are.”

But of course, the line might have been used somewhere even before the book was published. The Messenger is a 2002 novel by Markus Zusak. It was released in the United States under the name I Am the Messenger. It tells the story of a young man challenged by an unknown benefactor to become a better person by helping those around him. Through a series of assignments given to him on the aces from a deck of playing cards, Ed Kennedy learns to face his fears. He is able to rise above his feelings of incompetence as he helps others in areas where they need the help the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment