Thursday 16 October 2014

Stamp-shaped postcard

The Bank of China Tower
26 Sept 2014 | From Wei-yi of Malaysia
POSTCROSSING FRIEND | POSTCARD SENT FROM MALAYSIA

I suppose this postcard takes the shape of a stamp :p Wei-yi really wanted to send me a shaped-postcard, and was happy to have found this one through her friend.

The Bank of China Tower, or BOC Tower, is one of the most recognizable skyscrapers in Admiralty, Hong Kong. It houses the headquarters for the Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited. The building is located at 1 Garden Road, in Central and Western District on Hong Kong Island. I've already seen this building when I was in HK. But I realized I never took any picture of it because I was too busy enjoying the walks and the urban views.

Designed by I. M. Pei and L.C Pei of I.M Pei and Partners, at 315.0 m (1,033.5 ft) high it was the tallest building in Hong Kong and Asia from 1989 to 1992, and it was the first building outside North America to break the 305 m (1,000 ft) mark.  It is now the fourth tallest skyscraper in Hong Kong, after International Commerce Centre, Two International Finance Centre and Central Plaza.

No comments:

Post a Comment