Thursday 16 October 2014

From Sci-Fi Art postcard collection

Munch's Scream in Spaaaace
26 Sept 2014 | From Annette of Germany
OFFICIAL POSTCROSSING

"I've had this image in my head for some time, so I was thrilled when a metal CD allowed me the excuse to do it. As the title suggests, it's 'Munch's Scream in Spaaaace', with elements of Francis Bacon and Lucien Freud. Though his torso is cybernetically linked into that 'escape pod' do-hickey there, the bloke plainly has no control over his trajectory as he drifts into the sun. I don't think he's bothered about how and why. Just who."

This postcard collection gathers the freshest futuristic talents, including John Picacio, Rian Hughes, Patrick J. Jones, Jon Sullivan, and Matt Gaser. The stunning postcards feature twists on classic tropes like robots, spaceships, aliens, and interstellar landscapes, and the set lets you share the action and splendor with friends and family through the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment