Tuesday 27 May 2014

Art of Mario Miranda

Street in Fontainhas
12 May 2014 | From Madhu of India
FACEBOOK SWAP

I was actually surprised to have found this postcard in my mailbox. I've sent Madhu a postcard October 2013. Having lost contact with her, I initially thought the postcard I sent got lost or the postcard she sent me got lost. As months passed by, I have eventually forgotten about it. Turned out, she did receive my postcard. She was just having problems with the stamps (and time) that caused her to send her postcards late. But now, here is a Mario Miranda postcard from Madhu.

Padma Vibhushan Mario João Carlos do Rosario de Brito Miranda (1926~2011), popularly known as Mario Miranda or Mario de Miranda, is an Indian cartoonist and painter based in Loutolim in the Indian state of Goa. 

He is easily the most famous cartoonist of India, and one of India’s and Goa’s most renowned cartoonists.

No comments:

Post a Comment