Tuesday 27 May 2014

A surprise postcard from a frequent traveler

Orangutans of Malaysia
12 May, 2014 | From Michael
SURPRISE POSTCARD

I received this postcard from Michael of Starring You. I found Starring You Facebook page when I first joined the Postcrossing Facebook October last year. Having read their profile, I found it interesting and I instantly "liked" their page. I got to chat with them for a while and gave them my address. Their mission is to share as many beautiful places as possible with everybody who's interested. They hope to take those people who do not have the time, means, and opportunity to travel around the world through their postcards - a slice of their travels. They have been always away in so many countries that I can't remember where exactly are their home countries.

They are in Asia as of this writing, and this is the surprise postcard I received from them while exploring Malaysia. I initially thought this was an official postcard. But when I was to register it, I found no Postcard code - then as I reread the card I saw the tiny "Starring You" detail. They sent me a postcard of an Orangutan, one of man's closest relatives. Orangutan means "person of the forest" in Malay. They are the most arboreal of the great apes and spend most of their time in trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment