Tuesday 25 March 2014

Still Eben

"Still Eben",  1994| Alvar Gullichsen
25 Oct 2013 | From Pirjo of Finland
OFFICIAL POSTCROSSING

The postcard shows an art piece of Alvar Gullichsen. I love the Postcrossing stamp :)

Pirjo shared that Gullichsen created the The Bonk Business Inc., a company that did not actually exist. I did a little research about it, and here's what I found:

"Bonk Business Inc. is a fictional industrial corporation, realized as a multidisciplinary art project between 1988 and 2000. The project includes machine sculptures, photographs, graphic design and a written concept. Bonk has been widely exhibited in major art museums and festivals internationally. Based on an idea I had in 1988, while still at the Art Academy, the concept was developed in collaboration with Richard Stanley, who wrote the history, the captions and most of the copy. The machines were co-designed  with Henrik Helpiö, who carried out their realization, with the exception of the early ones which I built myself. The photographers involved are  Magnus Weckström, Magnus Scharmanoff and Olli Lehtinen. Graphic design by your humble servant."

No comments:

Post a Comment