Monday 31 March 2014

The Millennium Wheel

The London Eye
21 Nov 2013 | From Karen of Hong Kong
FACEBOOK SWAP | POSTCARD SENT FROM TAIWAN

I have started collecting Ferris Wheel postcards, and this postcard is the first from that collection. I love Ferris Wheels though I never really like riding them. I just love staring at them.

Karen sent me this London Eye postcard while in Taiwan. The London Eye is a giant Ferris wheel on the South Bank of the River Thames in London. Also known as the Millennium Wheel,  its official name was originally the British Airways London Eye, then the Merlin Entertainments London Eye, and since January 2011, the EDF Energy London Eye.

It is currently Europe's tallest Ferris wheel, the most popular paid tourist attraction in  the United Kingdom, and has made many appearances in popular culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment