The Rainbow Memorial Bridge, Gadsden, Alabama
12 Jul, 2013 | From Dave Murdock of USA
Rainbow Memorial Bridge was opened in January of 1927 to honor the "Rainbow Division" of troops from Gadsden who served in World War 1. The Bridge aligned East Gadsden (incorporated in 1925) with the rest of the city and was dedicated by Governor Bibb Graves in April 1927 as future Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, Hugo Black, and 15,000 others looked on.
Dave teaches composition and literature at a local college. He play chess and fish as hobbies. He is from Attalla, Alabama - a small town at the end of the Appalachian Mountains.